You can make your Wheatgrass juice at home for a week for less than the cost of one Starbucks latte
You’ve seen the Wheatgrass shots at the juice bars I’m sure? That dark green liquid in the little shot glass. Yes that can be a bit bitter at first but it can soon become a refreshing and uplifting elixir.
We all had to overcome the initial bitter taste of BEER the first time but after we got used to that it was easy. Right?!
In actual fact – if Wheatgrass tastes bad to you that’s a sign that you may have an overload of toxins in your system (I’m not kidding here) and that Wheatgrass is EXACTLY what your body needs to help it.
Wheatgrass is a wonderful simple all-encompassing miracle food and Detox “Avatar”!
- It’s a massive detoxifier, (We ALL need that every day to combat the daily toxins in food and the environment)
- Helps eliminate heavy metals,
- Brings the body back into Ph balance, (thus keeps us healthy and less conducive to diseases)
- Contains: chlorophyll, (cleans the blood and oxygenates the body)
- Vitamins,(lots) minerals, ( ALL) Proteins $ amino acids,(tonnes) enzymes (the best)
- It has been tested (not scientifically proven) to have curative properties (a lot of folks with Cancer swear by Wheatgrass as part of their healthy regime during / after treatment)
- You can use it topically to heal skin, drink it for its nutrional benefits and use it internally to clean out the Colon
PLUS ITS GLUTEN FREE! Yes even though its “wheat” its gluten free because the kernel of the wheat has been sprouted and grown. Just like alfalfa or other sprouts.
I make mine at home so that I can consume it every day! I use a simple blender and reap the benefits cheaply.
You will need:
A blender/ Bullet
A square of Wheatgrass
CUT about 1 ½ inch portion of the Wheatgrass from your square and then snip it into the blender in small pieces. Just like giving somebody a hair trim!
ADD about 16 fl oz water and BLEND the heck out of it!
When it looks like a green soup you are ready
STAIN it thought the tea strainer and
VOILA! You have your (diluted) medicinal glass of Wheatgrass juice. Even though its not concentrated its still got all the beneficial properties in it and I actually prefer this variation. I think it’s better on my tummy too. I literally drink it almost every day and I feel fantastic
You can add lemon juice to it or make a breakfast smoothie by cleaning out the blender and adding the Wheatgrass juice back, add a banana, flax seed, protein powder etc and blend that up for a nourishing uplifting start to your day.